You can think of this as running commentary of our life… I started this post as more of a reminder for myself but then I thought it could be a really cool interactive story guide for you when looking for particular blog posts. I
- In June, my family and I travelled to Italy for a Trafalgar Tour. We visited Rome, Venice, Sorento, Positano, Capri, Lake Como, Bellagio, Milan, Assisi, Florence, Sienna, San Gimignano, Pisa and Verona. We ended the Tour with a week in Tuscany.
- In July, Craig surprised me with a week’s getaway to Mauritius – a common island getaway for South Africans. It was a boozy, tan and chill kind of holiday. I wrote a blog post all about how to travel with a partner here, give it a read.
- In September, my mom, myself and my brother returned to Thailand, but instead went to the other side of the island, to Koh Samui. On our flight there, we stayed over one night in Dubai, and a few nights in Bangkok.
- Craig, on the other hand, went to Tomorrowland in Belgium (without me). And yes, I’m still jealous that I didn’t get to experience that with him.
- At the end of that year in October, we went on a site-visit to Alberta, Canada, to see three potential towns we could move to.
- In November, Craig and I headed to England and France for a magical two week holiday. We spent a few days in the Cotswolds, before continuing onto Paris for ten days.
- While in Paris, we took a spontaneous day trip to Reims which is still one of my favourite destinations ever.
- Hotel Review: Hotel Secret de Paris.
- My Favourite Day Trip From Paris: Reims
- Afternoon tea at the George V Four Seasons
- A Guide to Disneyland Paris
- May: We returned to the Cotswolds (in England) for a week during my varsity break in my final year of law.
- July: We also went on a mini-roadtrip to Knysna and Hermanus, in the Western Cape, South Africa.
- September: To say goodbye to friends and family, we went on a whirlwind weekend visit to both Durban and Johannesburg, a week before Craig left for Canada.
- Craig arrived in Canada in September, while I remained in Cape Town to finish my law degree.
- November: I arrived in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, two months after Craig had arrived and a few weeks into Winter.
- December: For our first Christmas in Canada, we booked two nights at the Rimrock Resort Hotel (check out my review) in Banff to see the magical mountains. We also got engaged that Christmas!
- And spontaneously spent Boxing Day night in Canmore on the way home from Banff after a lunch date at Crazyweed with our friends got a little too wine-heavy. We also happened to stay at an interesting motel that night – the only one we could find last-minute during peak season.
- In April, we went back to South Africa for a chaotic two week holiday in which we celebrated Craig’s 30th, our engagement, and a best friend’s baby shower. We split this holiday between Durban and Cape Town in order to see all our friends and family, but came back exhausted. But in amongst it all, we did get to spend one night at the luxurious Oyster Box – and it has to be my favourite day of the whole trip!
- In May, we bought our house, which put travel on the back burner for a while.
- In June, we went to Calgary for a weekend getaway. We ate our weight in food and watched Shakespeare in the Park. I blogged about our foodie weekend here.
- We visited Calgary again for a quick overnight stay to get our American visas in October.
- In August, we flew to Vancouver for 24 hours, to get our Schengen visas for our trip to Europe in September. It was such a rushed visit but I’m actually amazed at how much we did.
- In September, we went on our two week Euro-trip. The main event and main reason for us travelling to Europe was actually for our friend’s wedding in Potsdam, Germany. But we thought seeing as we were going in that direction, we might as well visit Paris and Amsterdam too. And so we did!
- In December, we took Craig’s mom to Banff for the weekend, and stayed at Juniper Hotel & Bistro.
2017: Read our Recap here.
- In February, we headed off to Calgary for yet another foodie weekend.
- A Foodie Weekend in Downtown Calgary (Part 2)
- In March, we travelled to Winnipeg (Winter-peg), to visit family who were in Canada on business.
- End of March, we spontaneously decided to book an all-inclusive holiday to Mexico. It was amazing! After 7 months of not leaving the country (due to our travel ban waiting for immigration docs) the sunshine, beach and afternoon naps made it all worth it.
- Travel Diary: Los Angeles for 3 Days
- Where to Eat in Downtown LA
- Our Day at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Universal’s Wizarding World Tips — For the Harry Potter Fan!
- Travel Diary: 3 Days in Santorini
- A Photo Diary of Oia
- Our Favourite & Worst Moments of Our Greece Holiday
- I flew alone to South Africa for two weeks to visit family.
- We went to Jasper for an overnight stay and explored Maligne Lake & Canyon, as well as Pyramid Lake & Island!
- We visited Vancouver for nearly a week and lived the hotel life at the Fairmont Waterfront. Check out our blog here.
- I visited South Africa on my own again, for a whole 6 weeks! During those 6 weeks, I managed to sneak away to Cape Town for a quick and busy 5 Days!
- In January, we were invited to Jasper National Park for the Jasper in January events. We had so much fun and blogged about our itinerary here.
- In March, I went to Cayo Coco, Cuba, with Tracey.
- In April, Tracey and I jetted off again, but this time to Abbotsford to visit the Tulip Festival.
- In July, we moved to Calgary and bought a house.
- In August, we booked a last minute getaway to Scottsdale, Arizona, to get some sunshine and warmth before temperatures dipped.
Where are we headed next? You can find our travel schedule here.
Keep checking back, I’ll be updating this often ~ Leigh